So, you and your family have been planning to go outdoors and have some good time, you all have been impatiently waiting for this day to experience all the fun activities including camping outdoors and you need to buy items you will need for camping and that includes purchasing a good tent for the entire family and there’s nothing much better than a family tent buying guide that will assist you in choosing the right tent.
Did you know there are like three different types of tents? Neither did I. I mean after all a tent is just a tent, right? Wrong but other than that, here are a best family tent buying guides;
- Size of the tent. You ought to consider the size of the tent in terms of your family because you wouldn’t want to bump into your kids all the time or hit furniture. Remember you are out to relax and enjoy the camping.
- Tent layout. There are so many different layouts depending on the age of your children and if you don’t have kids yet, well, this point is not for you skip to the next point. So whether you have young kids, teenagers or older kids, the tent you intend on purchasing should suit them too.
- Space. Is the tent spacious enough to fit all the family members stuff and still leave adequate space for that comfortable feeling plus a space for the kids to play around? You have to consider the living and storage space. Basically the space should e spacious but don’t over do it
- Windows and the door. Tents are have a more welcoming feel when they have large windows in order to let enough light in but you don’t want too much light that will wake you very early in the morning so find a tent with dark materials on the sleeping areas and light materials on the other areas. Check that there is a distance between the door and the ground you know, for those rainy unexpected days. This avoids the water from leaking into the tent when the door is opened.
- Tent materials. As much as the layout, size and space is important, you need to consider the materials used o the tent. How water proof is your tent? Can it withstand a really windy day without getting blown over? These are a few questions you need to ask yourself. With these few family tent buying guides, you will never go wrong when purchasing a family tent. Happy camping lovelies.